|“||Fine, Kakarot, you are the mightiest Saiyan, I've admitted that much. At least for now. But don't you dare think that this is over. I won't let you keep me in second place forever, feeding on the scraps of your glory. I will surpass you, and even then I'll keep pushing, I'll surpass every single warrior in the Universe. I won't stop until I'm the ultimate number one.||„|
|“||Is that all you have to say? Indeed, I am arrogant. But, to me, that's precisely what my pride as a Saiyan is! I'll never beat you? Don't make me laugh! I could never throw away who I am! Kakarot can have his Ultra Instinct! I'll defeat you in my own way, Jiren!||„|
|~ Vegeta to Jiren|
|“||He cast aside everything unnecessary? Screw that! Bulma... Trunks... Bulla... My promise to Cabba... My pride as a Saiyan... All that I am... I'm not like you! I cast aside nothing!||„|
|~ Vegeta to Toppo|
|“||I am Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans! Last of my royal blood, bringer of death, destroyer of worlds, and wrecker of your shit!||„|
|~ Vegeta to Cooler|
|“||I AM THE HYPE!||„|
|~ Vegeta to Trunks|
Vegeta (ベジータ), or Prince Vegeta, is the prince of the fallen Saiyan race and arch-rival to Goku. He is the eldest son of King Vegeta, the older brother of Tarble, the husband of Bulma, the father of Trunks. Alongside Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo, he is easily one of the most prominent characters in the Dragon Ball series, receiving a significant amount of character development since introduction.
Regal, egotistical and full of pride, Vegeta was once a ruthless, cold-blooded warrior and outright killer, he later abandons his role in the planet trade run by Frieza, instead opting to remain and live on Earth, fighting alongside the Z Fighters; all the while striving to become the universe's most powerful warrior, specifically to defeat and surpass Goku in power. His character evolves from villain to anti-hero to protagonist through the course of the series.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 5-A, higher as an Oozaru | At least High 4-C to 4-B | 4-B. 4-B. 4-B | High 3-A | High 3-A. Unknown | 2-C. 2-C | 2-C. At least 2-C | 2-C. 2-B | 2-C. 2-B. 2-B
Origin: Dragon Ball
Age: 52 during the Universe 6 Saga (Spent 4 years in the Room of Spirit and Time)
Classification: Elite Saiyan Warrior/Z-Warrior
Powers and Abilities: Master Martial Artist, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Ki Manipulation (Can be used defensively and offensively, to strengthen his skin or to fire ki blasts, which can home in on targets, and form defensive barriers), Ki Sensing (Can locate others by reading their ki), Enhanced Senses (Saiyans have exceptional senses, allowing Vegeta locate small, distant objects by tracking their smell, see clearly over long distances, and track the movements of others even in pitch black conditions by feeling vibrations in the air), Flight, Reactive Power Level (As a Saiyan, Vegeta grows stronger every time he fights and can become stronger in the midst of combat, vastly increasing in strength whenever he is mortally injured), Rage Power, Afterimage Creation, Telekinesis (He can use this to cause opponents to suddenly burst apart from the inside with an explosion), Self-Destruction, Transformation (Can transform into a Super Saiyan or an Oozaru, increasing his capabilities drastically), Resistance to Mind Control (Vegeta was able to overpower Babidi's hold on his mind through sheer willpower) | All previous abilities, His barriers can keep out poisons and render absorption ineffective, Energy / Ki Absorption as a Super Saiyan Blue, Cannot be sensed by beings lesser than a "God" as a Super Saiyan Blue, Resistance to Absolute Zero, Empathic Manipulation, and Existence Erasure, Regeneration (Mid-Low)
Attack Potency: Large Planet level (Far superior to Nappa, stated he was going to turn the Earth into ashes), higher as an Oozaru (Despite being weakened, he was able to easily overwhelm Goku) | Large Star level+ (Matched Frieza in his first form), increased to Solar System level after being healed by Dende (Surpassed both Piccolo and third form Frieza in power, but was nothing compared to an extremely casual final form Frieza) | Solar System level (Fodderized Android 19 and fought evenly with Android 18). Solar System level after Hyperbolic Time Chamber training (Curb-stomped Semi-Perfect Cell and capable of hurting Perfect Cell). Solar System level with Final Flash (It was stated that if Cell took the full force of the blast, he would have been killed) | High Universe level (Was able to fight Kid Buu, but was outmatched. Comparable to SS2 Goku) | High Universe level (should be no weaker than his Buu Saga self). Unknown with Quake of Fury (overwhelmed a suppressed Beerus) | Multi-Universe level (Comparable to, if not slightly superior to base Goku, superior to Super Saiyan God Goku in the God of Destruction Beerus Saga). Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue (comparable to SSB Goku, beat up a weakened Golden Frieza) | Multi-Universe level (Trained for 3 years with Goku in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Comparable to Goku, who even in his base form, could deal some slight damage to Hit). At least Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue (Far stronger than before. Should not be far behind Hit) | Multi-Universe level. Multiverse level as Super Saiyan Blue (Far stronger than before. Considering the power boosts Vegeta gets from his transformations, Vegeta being 2-C in his base form in the Golden Frieza Saga, and that Vegeta has grown far more powerful since then, by now he should be 2-B. After getting even stronger by training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta was able to beat up Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black. Vegeta even destroyed the entire Hyperbolic Time Chamber) | Multi-Universe level. Multiverse level as Super Saiyan Blue (Should be stronger than before, which is supported by Vegeta destroying the Hyperbolic Time Chamber a second time just by powering up to Super Saiyan Blue but with ease, while in the Future Trunks Saga he was tired out after doing so. Is able to put up a better fight against Jiren than either Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Hit were. With his Final Flash, managed to cause Jiren to block it , and his power surprised Goku and Toppo). Multiverse level as Beyond Super Saiyan Blue (After "breaking through his shell" in a manner similar to Ultra Instinct Goku, he managed to continuously trade blows with Jiren, who had finally shown a "hint of his true power". According to Whis, he and Goku were even able to stifle Jiren, and Jiren himself mentioned that both of their respective attacks had become "sharper". Overwhelmed Toppo and defeated him with his Final Explosion. Toppo at this point was on the level of the Gods of Destruction)
Speed: FTL (Can keep up with KaiokenX3 Goku) | FTL+ (Can dodge Frieza's lasers) | Massively FTL (SSJ Vegeta should be comparable to SSJ Goku. His Final Flash flew out into deep space in seconds) | Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with Goku Super Saiyan 2. Was able to fight Kid Buu for a while, but he was outmatched) | Massively FTL+ (should be no slower than his Buu Saga self). Unknown with Quake of Fury (overwhelmed a suppressed Beerus) | Massively FTL+. Massively FTL+ as Super Saiyan Blue | Massively FTL+. Massively FTL+ as Super Saiyan Blue (after getting stronger, he was easily able to keep up with Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black) | Massively FTL+. Massively FTL+ as Super Saiyan Blue. Massively FTL+, possibly Infinite as Beyond Super Saiyan Blue (Evaded and blocked attacks from Jiren)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class, higher as an Oozaru (Superior to Goku in strength back in the Saiyan Saga) | At least Large Star Class+, increased to Solar System Class | Solar System Class. Solar System Class after Hyperbolic Time Chamber Training | High Universal (Traded blows with Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Was able to harm Kid Buu, but he was outmatched by him) | High Universal (should be no weaker than his Buu Saga self). Unknown with Quake of Fury (overwhelmed a suppressed Beerus) | Multi-Universal. Multi-Universal as Super Saiyan Blue | Multi-Universal. At least Multi-Universal as Super Saiyan Blue | Multi-Universal. Multiversal as Super Saiyan Blue | Multi-Universal. Multiversal as Super Saiyan Blue. Multiversal as Beyond Super Saiyan Blue
Durability: Large Planet level, higher as an Oozaru | At least Large Star level+, increased to Solar System level | Solar System level. Solar System level after Hyperbolic Time Chamber training | High Universe level (took a beating from Kid Buu) | High Universe level (should be no weaker than his Buu Saga self). Unknown with Quake of Fury (Tanked hits from a suppressed Beerus) | Multi-Universe level. Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue | Multi-Universe level. At least Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue | Multi-Universe level. Multiverse level as Super Saiyan Blue (More durable than before. Tanked hits from Goku Black) | Multi-Universe level. Multiverse level as Super Saiyan Blue. Multiverse level as Beyond Super Saiyan Blue
Stamina: Inhumanly high. Can train or fight for prolonged periods of time without rest. Also noted for having a higher endurance to physical punishment than other Z fighters.
Range: Standard Melee Range, High Universal to Multi-Universal with Ki Blasts and Attacks as Super Saiyan Blue
Standard Equipment: Scouter which reads power levels as Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Discards it later in the series once he can sense power levels. He wears Saiyan battle armor.
Intelligence: Highly experienced warrior. Master of combat tactics and can be a sneaky warrior.
Weaknesses: Vegeta cannot survive in the vacuum of space, he possesses dangerous overconfidence, he is quite prone to letting his pride override his common sense, and anger can make him a sloppy fighter, rather than an effective fighter.
- Bang Beam: A favorite move of Vegeta during the Namek Saga, Vegeta points his index finger like a child pretending to shoot a gun and then fires a small but deadly red bolt of energy out of his finger.
- Big Bang Attack: Vegeta discharges a medium-sized ball of ki in his hand. On impact, this technique causes a violent explosion. He uses this attack for the first time onscreen to kill Android 19.
- Blaster Meteor: Vegeta unleashes multiple yellow Energy Waves, causing a cloud of explosions. He used a similar attack against Frieza.
- Destructo Disk: A razor-sharp disk of energy. Vegeta uses a very similar variation of this attack to cut off Great Ape Gohan's tail.
- Double Galick Cannon: Vegeta uses this technique to kill Pui Pui. It involves him putting both his hands on his opponents chest followed by a huge energy blast at point blank range which completely obliterates them.
- Final Burst Cannon: Vegeta uses this technique as his final attack against Frieza after all his other attacks fail. It is done in a slightly familiar way as the Final Flash and the beam itself is purple like the Galick Gun.
- Final Crash: A technique very similar to Final Flash used against Recoome.
- Final Explosion: Vegeta detonates his body in an attempt to kill Majin Buu, resulting in a devastating, golden-yellow explosion that leaves Vegeta a fragile, stone-like corpse. In Dragon Ball Super he uses the the same technique as a means of defeating Toppo and thanks to becoming far stronger than before he isn't rendered a stone-like corpse, but seemingly exhausts his energy in the process.
- Final Flash: Vegeta conducts ki in both of his hands that he places next to each other, combining the ki that discharges in the form of a devastating stream of energy. He used this against Perfect Cell; though Cell moved to the side just before being hit, it still blew off part of his upper body, though the Android regenerated. It was stated that if Cell took the blast's full force, he would have been killed.
- Final Galick Cannon: Vegeta delivers several rapid attacks before punching the enemy's stomach and discharging a beam of potent purple ki through the enemy.
- Galick Gun: Vegeta bends to the side while holding the back of his hands parallel to each other, conducting purple ki that discharges a concentrated, powerful beam.
- Hellzone Grenade: Vegeta fires several energy spheres around the opponent and controls them to be fired at the opponent. He used this attack against Super Buu w/ Gohan absorbed, though the Majin used an Energy Shield to block the attack.
- Telekinesis: Vegeta pointed his finger and destroyed a saibaman internally.
- Afterimage: The user moves at ultrahigh speeds, leaving an afterimage where he was previously located. Vegeta also uses the Wild Sense variation of this technique.
- Super Saiyan forms (SS, ASS, SS2, SBG and SSB) and Majin form: Transformations which increases Vegeta's overall stats.
Key: Saiyan Saga (DBZ) | Namek Saga (DBZ) | Android Saga (DBZ) | Buu Saga (DBZ) | God of Destruction Beerus Saga (DBS) | Golden Frieza Saga (DBS) | Universe 6 Saga (DBS) | Future Trunks Saga (DBS) | Universe Survival Saga (DBS)
NOTE: The size of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is was once implied to be Earth-sized, but Dende stated it is an entire universe. There are two conflicting statements here, but Dende's should be more reliable, as he knows more about the Time Chamber than Goku and Gohan, and Goku also stated that it was supposed to be the size of Earth, implying he was not sure. Since the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is separate from this universe, completely destroying it would mean Vegeta destroyed the time of that universe as well, making this a Low 2-C feat. Additionally, in the Universe 6 Saga, Goku stated they could go all out in the Time Chamber without destroying it, implying Vegeta and Goku have gotten far stronger since then.