|“||You haven't figured it out yet? I’m the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth with the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you’ve heard of in legends. Pure of heart and awakened by fury, that’s what I am. I am the Super Saiyan! Son Goku!||„|
|~ Goku to Frieza|
|“||Vegeta, Buu has absorbed every person we ever cared about! Krillin and Chi-Chi too! Even Bulma! Piccolo, my sons Gohan and Goten, and your boy Trunks! They're all trapped in Majin Buu! They're the reason for Buu's power. You can't fight him alone! If we lose, our friends and families died for nothing! Is that what you want? To go out like helpless victims, just so you can keep nursing your foolish pride?! How do you want this to end, Vegeta?!||„|
|“||You're a God...I get that, maybe the strongest of them all... but I don't care. Not even you can tell me what my limits are...||„|
|~ Goku to Beerus, Dragon Ball Super|
|“||Come if you wanna! I'll take you on! Gather the strongest guys you can and come at me! I'll beat every last one of them!||„|
|~ Goku to all the Gods of Destruction|
|“||I've never really thought as myself as a savior, I just want to fight strong opponents. But I can't just stand by and watch innocent people and animals suffer. That's what my grandpa taught me.||„|
|~ Goku to Android 17|
|“||Universe 2. You guys just keep surprisin' me. I kinda get just how amazin' this "power of love" thing is. But... Sorry, but for me... More than love, I PREFER GUTS!||„|
|~ Goku right before going Blue against Universe 2|
|“||Can't you tell, Freezer? It's just like Vegeta said. I am the hope of the omniverse! I am the light bulb in the darkness! I am the bacon in the fridge for all the living things that cry out in hunger! I am the Alpha and the Amiga! I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am Son Gokū! and I am a Super-- (gets blasted in the face by Frieza) Saiyan.||„|
|~ Goku to Frieza|
Son Goku, born by his Saiyan name Kakarot, is the main protagonist of the anime series Dragon Ball. Along with Vegeta, he is one of the last pure-blooded Saiyans.
Goku was originally sent via capsule to Earth to enslave and conquer the planet. But when he arrived, he sustained a fatal head injury. The people of Earth took Goku and nursed him back to health. As a result of the injury, Goku forgot all about his original mission and his past. And due to their kindness, grew up on Earth as its guardian.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 5-A. 5-A after training from King Kai | 4-B. 4-B with Kaioken x 20. 4-B as a Super Saiyan | 4-B | High 3-A | High 3-A. 2-C as Super Saiyan God. 2-C after power absorption | 2-C. 2-C as Super Saiyan Blue | 2-C. At least 2-C as Super Saiyan Blue. 2-B via Kaioken x 10 | 2-C. 2-B as Super Saiyan Blue. 2-B via Kaioken | 2-C. At least 2-C as a Super Saiyan God. 2-B as a Super Saiyan Blue. 2-B via Kaioken. 2-B as Ultra Instinct -Sign-
Name: Son Goku/Kakarot
Origin: Dragon Ball
Age: 12 years old at the start of Part I. 46 or 49 years old during the Universe 6 Saga (Uncertain birth date. Spent 3 years in the Room of Spirit and Time)
Classification: Alien (Saiya-jin [Saiyan in the English Adaptations]), Martial Artist, Deity
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, agility and durability, Enhanced Unarmed Combat, Indomitable Willpower, Willpower Affinity, Limited Light Manipulation w/ Solar Flare, Telepathy, Limited Telekinesis, Teleportation, Force-Field Generation, Afterimage Creation, Enhanced Senses, Ki Manipulation, Flight and Resistance to Electrokinesis and Destruction (Fought and resisted Sidra's "Energy of Destruction," which should be a form of his destruction abilities). Statistics Amplification w/ Kaioken, Sealing w/ Mafuba. Instinctive Reaction and Reactive Evolution (With each blow, he continually hits harder, sharper and faster) as Ultra Instinct -Sign-
Attack Potency: Large Planet level (Fought Raditz along with Piccolo, the latter of whom could do []). Large Planet level after Training from King Kai (became strong enough to fight and defeat Nappa and then later stalemated and overpowered Vegeta's Galick Gun that had enough power to destroy the Earth) | Solar System level. Solar System level with Kaioken x 20. Solar System level as Super Saiyan | Solar System level (Blocked blows from Trunks' sword with a finger, and the latter casually sliced through and destroyed Mecha Frieza) as a Super Saiyan, increased to Solar System level as Full Power Super Saiyan | High Universe level (Far superior to Gohan in Cell Saga and superior to Fat Buu even when not being serious, said he could have defeated Kid Buu if he ended the fight quickly as a Super Saiyan 3. Kid Buu was stated to be able to destroy the universe by Goku and Vegeta. The title of the manga chapter is: "A Match with the Whole Universe at Stake", giving even more support for Kid Buu being a universe buster, and since the Living World is infinite in size, Buu would be High 3-A. SS3 Goku scales to that, and SS2 Goku shouldn't be too far behind) | High Universe level. Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan God (SSJG Goku and Beerus' clash was stated to turn the entire universe into an empty void, and was even threatening worlds like the afterlife [which is several times larger than the universe] and Kaioshin Realm, which are separate worlds from the living world. The afterlife is separate because it was stated to have an entirely different flow of time, if not none at all, meaning it's a separate space-time. Similar to this, Zen'o erasing Soul Zamasu, who was merging with the timeline, was stated to have turned the future into an "empty void," and a place like the World of Void is stated to have no time or space, whether it seems that way or not. With that said, this means SSJG Goku and Beerus' clash would annihilate all of space AND time, as well as the space-time of the separate worlds. This would make Beerus and SSJG Goku 2-C). Multi-Universe level after power absorption (After reverting from his Super Saiyan God state to a regular Super Saiyan, Goku had absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God and made it his own. Despite not having the form itself, Goku still had the power inside him. Goku didn't feel any weaker than he did as a Super Saiyan God, and he could still fight on par with a suppressed Beerus. In base form, Goku was even able to destroy an attack from Beerus in a single punch which his Super Saiyan form struggled to push back. This attack would have destroyed the universe as well if Goku hadn't countered it, but it would have happened instantly) | Multi-Universe level (After training with Whis for several months, Goku had gotten far stronger than he previously was). Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue (Leagues above his base form and other transformations) | Multi-Universe level (Trained for 3 years with Vegeta in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Even in his base form, Goku could deal some slight damage to Hit). At least Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue (Leagues above his base form. He could even fight on par with Hit). Multiverse level with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x 10 (10x stronger than his Super Saiyan Blue form. Goku is already 2-C even in BoG, and considering the massive power boost that Goku gets from his forms, SSB Kaioken x10 Goku should be 2-B) | Multi-Universe level. Multiverse level as Super Saiyan Blue (Significantly stronger than before. Considering the massive power boost Goku gets from all of his forms, and that he got even stronger after the Universe 6 Saga, he should be 2-B by now. After getting angry, beat up Future Zamasu and Goku Black, the latter in his Super Saiyan Rosé form. With a full power Kamehameha, SSB Goku could even put up a fight against Fusion Zamasu. After the Future Trunks Saga, Goku managed to fight evenly with Hit without Kaioken, who became able to create a parallel universe via Time-Skip). Multiverse level via Kaioken (Managed to escape the grip of Fusion Zamasu and knock him down with a powerful kick ) | Multi-Universe level. At least Multi-Universe level as a Super Saiyan God (Whilst it is inferior, it is not too far behind SSB. Caused Jiren to block his blows with a finger). Multiverse level as a Super Saiyan Blue (Much stronger than before). Multiverse level via Kaioken (Can multiply his already intense powers by 10x or even 20x). Multiverse level as Ultra Instinct -Sign- (Pushed Jiren back and even visually damaged him, when not even SSJBKKx20 could so much as scratch him. Could have potentially rung him out if it weren't for his stamina running out and was making the Gods of Destruction panic. And Jiren was confirmed to be the mortal who surpasses a God of Destruction, meaning Goku increased his power phenomenally, and Goku was REALLY far behind Beerus before obtaining this form. And what's more is that Jiren was confirmed to be stronger than the Gods of Destruction when he wasn't even at full power)
Speed: Relativistic (Comparable to Piccolo, who could fire a blast that hit the moon in 4 seconds. The Dragon Ball moon is 384,000,000 meters away from Earth, meaning Piccolo's blast traveled at 128,000,000 m/s, or 0.427 times the speed of light, which is in the Relativistic range). At least Relativistic+ after training from King Kai. FTL via Kaioken (Can multiply his speed by up to 4x) | At least FTL (Significantly faster than before). FTL+ via Kaioken x20. At least FTL+ as Super Saiyan | At least FTL+, likely Massively FTL+. Massively FTL as Super Saiyan. Massively FTL as Full Power Super Saiyan (Can fight toe to toe with Perfect Cell and had dodged his Kamehameha from short range, which should be comparable to other Ki Attacks like Vegeta's, which flew out into deep space in seconds. And remember--Goku dodged this from point-blank range) | Massively FTL+ (Should be comparable to Kid Buu, who flew at this speed) | Massively FTL+. Massively FTL+ as Super Saiyan God (Could keep up with Beerus, when the latter was holding back). Massively FTL+ after power absorption | Massively FTL+ (Surpassed his power and speed as SSG in the God of Destruction Beerus Saga). Massively FTL+ as Super Saiyan Blue | Massively FTL+. Massively FTL+ as Super Saiyan Blue | Massively FTL+. Massively FTL+ as Super Saiyan Blue | Massively FTL+ (All of his forms are now within reasonable gaps, and even base Goku can keep up with foes around his God or Blue forms). Infinite as Ultra Instinct -Sign- (Comparable to Jiren)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class. Large Planet Class after King Kai's training (Superior to Full Power Vegeta using Kaio-ken) | Solar System Class. Solar System Class with Kaioken x 20. Solar System Class (As a Super Saiyan, he managed to completely curbstomp Frieza) | Solar System Class as a Super Saiyan, increased to Solar System level as Full Power Super Saiyan (Can trade blows with Perfect Cell) | High Universal (Far stronger than SSJ2 Gohan; could fight evenly against Majin Vegeta as a SSJ2 and then went toe to toe against various forms of Majin Buu and managed to injure Fat and Kid Buu) | High Universal. Multi-Universal as Super Saiyan God (Capable of fighting evenly with a held back Beerus, and their combined blows almost destroyed the universe, as well as the Kaioshin realm). Multi-Universal after power absorption | Multi-Universal. Multi-Universal as Super Saiyan Blue | Multi-Universal. At least Multi-Universal as Super Saiyan Blue. Multiversal with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x 10 | Multi-Universal. Multiversal as Super Saiyan Blue. Multiversal via Kaioken | Multi-Universal. At least Multi-Universal as a Super Saiyan God. Multiversal as a Super Saiyan Blue. Multiversal via Kaioken. Multiversal as Ultra Instinct -Sign-
Durability: Large Planet level. Large Planet level after King Kai's training | Solar System level. Solar System level with Kaioken x 20. Solar System level as Super Saiyan | Solar System level as a Super Saiyan, increased to Solar System level as Full Power Super Saiyan | High Universe level | High Universe level. Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan God (survived hits from a held back Beerus). Multi-Universe level after power absorption | Multi-Universe level. Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue | Multi-Universe level. At least Multi-Universe level as Super Saiyan Blue (Can tank attacks from Hit). Multiverse level with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x 10 | Multi-Universe level. Multiverse level as Super Saiyan Blue. Multiverse level via Kaioken | Multi-Universe level. At least Multi-Universe level as a Super Saiyan God. Multiverse level as a Super Saiyan Blue. Multiverse level via Kaioken. Multiverse level as Ultra Instinct -Sign-
Stamina: High in base, Super Saiyan 1 and Ultra Instinct -Sign-. At least Moderate in Super Saiyan 2. Moderate in Super Saiyan 3. Extremely high in God and Blue
Range: Melee normally. Stellar with Ki blasts and attacks (Comparable to Vegeta, whose Final Flash can easily extend into outer space). Multi-Universal with Instant Transmission (Traveled to the Other World and to King Kai's Planet from Earth)
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: At least Average. Genius tactician (Goku has mastery of various martial arts techniques and skills [can also copy techniques after seeing them once]; years of experience fighting both powerful and diverse enemies who have various abilities and powers. Is a combat/tactical genius for the most parts. Goku was the first to realize that Super Saiyan states were wasting an extreme amount of energy just by powering up to it, mastered the form despite the huge amount of stress [psychological and physical] the state puts on his body, which is more effective than training two years physically in the Room of Spirit and Time. Also devised different usages of the Kamehameha such as propelling it with his feet, homing in on targets, altering its path and range, using Ki to augment his physical strength, and so on)
Weaknesses: Goku cannot survive in the vacuum of space. He can only maintain Super Saiyan 3 for a short time before running out of energy or stamina. He needs energy/life signatures to lock on to use Shunkan Ido effectively. His Genki Dama requires a long "charging-up" period and only works on people with sufficiently evil hearts/souls. The Super Saiyan God transformation has a time limit, but Goku likely won't use it anymore as he absorbed most of the form's power. Even after absorbing the energy of a Super Saiyan God, Goku's durability drops exponentially when his guard is down or he loses focus. To use the Mafuba properly, Goku must have an object to seal the target inside.
- Ki Blast: The most basic form of energy wave.
- Ki Mines: Goku lays down a small, invisible, blue sphere of ki that will explode upon contact with an enemy.
- Invisible Eye Blast: Goku has the ability to shoot an invisible blast of ki out of his eyes. He uses this twice in the anime (once in the manga). The first (and only time in the manga) was when he used it to dig a hole in the Namekian ground to bury Vegeta's corpse in after he was killed by Frieza.
- Destructo Disk: The user holds their hand into the air, conducting ki in the form of a razor-sharp disc, which is then hurled over and around the body to cut the target.
- Destructo Disk Hexa Blade: Goku moves a Destructo Disk around in specified patterns, cutting up pieces of land or people in an instant.
- Kamehameha: Goku's signature energy attack, even though it was invented by Master Roshi. Goku first learned this technique after witnessing Roshi use it to extinguish the fire on Fire Mountain. Goku has also invented numerous variations of the technique, including the Bending Kamehameha, Super Kamehameha, Kaioken Kamehameha, Double Kamehameha, Twin Dragon Shot, Angry Kamehameha, Flying Kamehameha, Instant Kamehameha, True Kamehameha, and Kamehameha Rebirth. He now gains a far more powerful version after mastering his godly ki called the God Kamehameha or Burst Kamehameha. He can also use them in his Super Saiyan forms.
- Continuous Kamehameha: Goku releases a rapid barrage of energy blasts at his opponents, causing a massive accumulation of damage. Also called Super Energy Wave Volley.
- Solar Flare: The user spreads and places their fingers on their foreheads, discharging a blinding flash of light.
- Homing Energy Wave: A move where Goku fires a Ki Blast that targets his enemy. He used it against Pikkon.
- Kaioken: Goku forms a red ki aura around his body, multiplying his power level, enhancing his strength and speed. The highest level of this attack used is x20. Goku does not use it much after becoming Super Saiyan. However, Goku has a technique where he combines the Kaio-ken with his Super Saiyan transformation, the Super Kaio-ken; this is done on one occasion, in his fight against Pikkon. So far, this only applies to the movie continuity. As of Dragon Ball Super, Goku once again used Kaioken in conjunction with Super Saiyan Blue against his fight with Hit. However there was initially supposedly just a 10% chance of the technique working successfully, and otherwise ending in failure and likely severe consequences.
- Genki-Dama (Spirit Bomb): One of Goku's signature attacks in which he conducts the spirit energy of all nearby living organisms, forming a ball of power and size depending on the amount of harnessed ki energy. Its power was used against many powerful opponents such as Vegeta, Frieza, Dr. Wheelo, Turles, Lord Slug, Super Android 13, Kid Buu and Omega Shenron. It was also absorbed for increased strength in Super Android 13. It has a few variations: Large Spirit Bomb, Instant Spirit Bomb, and Super Spirit Bomb.
- Shunkan Ido (Instant Transmission): Also called Instantaneous Transmission the user places their index and middle finger on their forehead, sensing a person that they can teleport to.
- Afterimage Technique: This technique is a short burst of extremely high speed, moving faster than the opponent can sense. This has the side effect of leaving a momentary "after image" until the opponent's senses adapt and realize their target has moved.
- Dragonthrow: Goku's signature grapple throw. He uses an example of this move on Frieza when he grabbed his tail during their battle on Namek.
- Full-Nelson: Executed by performing half nelsons with both arms, though Goku only used this once against Raditz.
- Hasshu-ken: A technique, used to counter Tien Shinhan's Four Witches Technique, in which Goku moves his two arms so fast that they each appear to be in four places at once, effectively giving him eight arms to use in combat.
- Crazy Fist: This is a distraction move designed to confuse and taunt the opponent. Goku who acts like a dog or a monkey, barking and jumping around to scare his opponent. Goku uses this in reaction to Jackie Chun's (Master Roshi's alter-ego) use of the Drunken Fist.
- Rock, Scissors 'N' Paper: An attack in which Goku delivers either a strong punch, a poke in the eyes, or an open palm strike.
- Tornado!: Goku spins while rushing on the opponent to attack him/her. Used against Nam.
- Mafuba: A sealing technique taught to Goku by Master Roshi for use against Future Zamasu and Goku Black. It is used to seal away evil entities into a container - the container can be anything, even an electric rice cooker.
- Ultra Instinct Movements: As Ultra Instinct -Sign-, Goku no longer has to even think to fight. He dodges flawlessly, though he has yet to learn how to attack flawlessly yet; he doesn't even need to think--he just does. This has proven to make him better at strategizing since each one of his body parts thinks and moves independently.
Key: Saiyan Saga (DBZ) | Frieza Saga (DBZ) | Cell Saga (DBZ) | Buu Saga (DBZ) | God of Destruction Beerus Saga (DBS) | Golden Frieza Saga (DBS) | Universe 6 Saga (DBS) | Future Trunks Saga (DBS) | end of Future Trunks Saga and Universe Survival Saga (DBS)
NOTE #1: There is no reason to say Dragon Ball Z Kai is non-canon, as it has fewer contradictions than the original Dragon Ball Z anime does, and a lot of the filler was taken out. Frieza's stay in Hell can be considered a retcon, as hell in the original DBZ was quite different from Earth's hell in Dragon Ball Super. Additionally, Dragon Ball Super has a few flashbacks from Dragon Ball Kai, supporting that the series is part of the main canon.
NOTE #2: The profile covers the statistics of adult Goku.
NOTE #3: This is canon Goku. His stats are from the anime, movies. Dragon Ball GT's feats are here.