|“||I just thought the least we could do is put our old differences aside, just this once, and really work together! We owe that to our teammates! Our families, Vegeta! Our friends! Look, you’ve always talked about our Saiyan race, how we’re the last of a mighty people. Well, it’s time we accept we’re starting a new race, one that can be just as strong, just as proud! But not if we’re caught up in so much of our old birthrights to see what we have right in front of us! We’ve lost our old race, Vegeta! Let’s not lose this one too!||„|
|~ Son Goku|
Son Goku, born by his Saiyan name Kakarot, is the main protagonist of the anime series Dragon Ball. Along with Vegeta, he is one of the last pure-blooded Saiyans.
Goku was originally sent via capsule to Earth to enslave and conquer the planet. But when he arrived, he sustained a fatal head injury. The people of Earth took Goku and nursed him back to health. As a result of the injury, Goku forgot all about his original mission and his past. And due to their kindness, grew up on Earth as its guardian.
Tier: 3-A | 3-A | 3-A | High 3-A | High 3-A
Name: Son Goku (Earth Name). Kakarot (Saiyan Name)
Origin: Dragon Ball
Age: 12 years old at the start of Part I. 46 or 49 years old during the Universe 6 Saga (Uncertain birth date. Spent 3 years in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber)
Classification: Alien (Saiya-jin [Saiyan in the English Adaptations]), Martial Artist, Deity as Super Saiyan God & Blue
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, agility and durability, Enhanced Unarmed Combat, Indomitable Willpower, Willpower Affinity, Limited Light Manipulation w/ Solar Flare, Telepathy, Limited Telekinesis, Teleportation, Force-Field Generation, Afterimage Creation, Enhanced Senses, Ki Manipulation, Flight and Resistance to Electrokinesis and Destruction (Fought and resisted Sidra's "Energy of Destruction," which should be a form of his destruction abilities). Statistics Amplification w/ Kaioken, Sealing w/ Mafuba. Instinctive Reaction and Reactive Evolution (With each blow, he continually hits harder, sharper and faster) as Ultra Instinct
Attack Potency: Universe level (Absorbed god ki in to his base form) | Universe level (Superior to his base form) | Universe level (His clash with Beerus threatened to destroy the universe) | High Universe level (Eventually became comparable to his Ultra Instinct form) | High Universe level (Shook the entire world of void with his ki alone)
Speed: MFTL+ (Faster than his base was in DBZ, absorbed god ki in to his base form) | MFTL+ (Superior to his base form) | MFTL+ (Superior to all previous forms by a huge amount. Fought a very suppressed Beerus) | MFTL+ (Superior to his previous forms by a huge amount) | MFTL+ (Superior to his previous forms by a huge amount)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Universe level | Universe level | Universe level | High Universe level | High Universe level
Durability: Universe level | Universe level | Universe level | High Universe level | High Universe level
Stamina: High in base, Super Saiyan 1 and Ultra Instinct Omen. At least Moderate in Super Saiyan 2. Moderate in Super Saiyan 3. Extremely high in God and Blue
Range: Melee normally. Stellar with Ki blasts and attacks (Comparable to Vegeta, whose Final Flash can easily extend into outer space)
Standard Equipment: Power Pole, Flying Nimbus, Senzu Beans
Intelligence: At least Average. Genius tactician (Goku has mastery of various martial arts techniques and skills [can also copy techniques after seeing them once]; years of experience fighting both powerful and diverse enemies whom have various abilities and powers. Is a combat/tactical genius for the most parts. Goku was the first to realize that Super Saiyan states were wasting an extreme amount of energy just by powering up to it, mastered the form despite the huge amount of stress [psychological and physical] the state puts on his body, which is more effective than training two years physically in the Room of Spirit and Time. Also devised different usages of the Kamehameha such as propelling it with his feet, homing in on targets, altering its path and range, using Ki to augment his physical strength, and so on)
Weaknesses: Goku cannot survive in the vacuum of space. He can only maintain Super Saiyan 3 for a short time before running out of energy or stamina. He needs energy/life signatures to lock on to use Shunkan Ido effectively. His Genki Dama requires a long "charging-up" period and works better against those with evil souls. To use the Mafuba properly, Goku must have an object to seal the target inside
- Ki Blast: The most basic form of energy wave.
- Ki Mines: Goku lays down a small, invisible, blue sphere of ki that will explode upon contact with an enemy.
- Invisible Eye Blast: Goku has the ability to shoot an invisible blast of ki out of his eyes. He uses this twice in the anime (once in the manga). The first (and only time in the manga) was when he used it to dig a hole in the Namekian ground to bury Vegeta's corpse in, after he was killed by Frieza.
- Destructo Disk: The user holds their hand into the air, conducting ki in the form of a razor-sharp disc, which is then hurled over and around the body to cut the target.
- Destructo Disk Hexa Blade: Goku moves a Destructo Disk around in specified patterns, cutting up pieces of land or people in an instant.
- Kamehameha: Goku's signature energy attack, even though it was invented by Master Roshi. Goku first learned this technique after witnessing Roshi use it to extinguish the fire on Fire Mountain. Goku has also invented numerous variations of technique, including the Bending Kamehameha, Super Kamehameha, Kaioken Kamehameha, Double Kamehameha, Twin Dragon Shot, Angry Kamehameha, Flying Kamehameha, Instant Kamehameha, True Kamehameha, and Kamehameha Rebirth. He now gains a far more powerful version after mastering his godly ki called the God Kamehameha or Burst Kamehameha. He can also use them in his Super Saiyan forms.
- Continuous Kamehameha: Goku releases a rapid barrage of energy blasts at his opponents, causing a massive accumulation of damage. Also called Super Energy Wave Volley.
- Solar Flare: The user spreads and places their fingers on their foreheads, discharging a blinding flash of light.
- Homing Energy Wave: A move where Goku fires a Ki Blast that targets his enemy. He used it against Pikkon.
- Kaioken: Goku forms a red ki aura around his body, multiplying his power level, enhancing his strength and speed. The highest level of this attack used is x20. Goku does not use it much after becoming Super Saiyan. However, Goku has a technique where he combines the Kaio-ken with his Super Saiyan transformation, the Super Kaio-ken; this is done on one occasion, in his fight against Pikkon. As of Dragon Ball Super, Goku once again used Kaioken in conjunction with Super Saiyan Blue against his fight with Hit. However there was initially supposedly just a 10% chance of the technique working successfully, and othervise ending in failure and likely severe consequences.
- Genki-Dama (Spirit Bomb): One of Goku's signature attacks in which he conducts the spirit energy of all nearby living organisms, forming a ball of power and size depending of the amount of harnessed ki energy. Its power was used against many powerful opponents such as Vegeta, Frieza, Dr. Wheelo, Turles, Lord Slug, Super Android 13, Kid Buu and Omega Shenron. It was also absorbed for increased strength in Super Android 13. It has a few variations: Large Spirit Bomb, Instant Spirit Bomb and Super Spirit Bomb.
- Shunkan Ido (Instant Transmission): Also called Instantaneous Transmission the user places their index and middle finger on their forehead, sensing a person that they can teleport to.
- Afterimage Technique: This technique is a short burst of extremely high speed, moving faster than the opponent can sense. This has the side effect of leaving a momentary "after image", until the opponent's senses adapt and realize their target has moved.
- Dragonthrow: Goku's signature grapple throw. He uses an example of this move on Frieza when he grabbed his tail during their battle on Namek.
- Full-Nelson: Executed by performing half nelsons with both arms, though Goku only used this once against Raditz.
- Hasshu-ken: A technique, used to counter Tien Shinhan's Four Witches Technique, in which Goku moves his two arms so fast that they each appear to be in four places at once, effectively giving him eight arms to use in combat.
- Crazy Fist: This is a distraction move designed to confuse and taunt the opponent. Goku who acts like adog or a monkey, barking and jumping around to scare his opponent. Goku uses this in reaction to Jackie Chun's (Master Roshi's alter-ego) use of the Drunken Fist.
- Rock, Scissors 'N' Paper: An attack in which Goku delivers either a strong punch, a poke in the eyes, or an open palm strike.
- Tornado!: Goku spins while rushing on the opponent to attack him/her. Used against Nam.
- Mafuba: A sealing technique taught to Goku by Master Roshi for use against Future Zamasu and Goku Black. It is used to seal away evil entities into a container - the container can be anything, even an electric rice cooker.
- Ultra Instinct Movements: As Ultra Instinct Omen and Ultra Instinct, Goku no longer has to even think to fight. In the former, he had mastered the defensive side of the ability, and could dodge instinctively. Now, with the latter, he perfected the art of dodging and attacking instinctively. Entire battles are now just instinctively completed for Goku.
Key: Base | Kaio-ken 1-20 and Super Saiyan 1-3 | Super Saiyan God | Super Saiyan Blue | Ultra Instinct
Note 1: Credit to MetalMario875 for a lot of the info on this profile.
Note 2: Why Goku is not 4D